Steps to ACCC/AVCA Certification in Animal Chiropractic
- Attend a basic post-graduate animal chiropractic program that is approved by the Education Committee of the American Veterinary Chiropractic Association (AVCA).
- After successfully passing the AVCA approved program’s exit exam, apply to sit the ACCC written and clinical (practical) examinations.
- Sit the ACCC written and clinical (practical) examinations.
- Pass both the written and clinical (practical) examinations.
- Applicant must hold a current/active (good standing) state/provincial license of chiropractic or of veterinary medicine.
- Applicants receive 3 year certification by the ACCC/AVCA based on fulfillment of all requirements.
For current certification examination policies, procedures and registration –
The examination consists of written and practical components with blueprints and passing scores set by content area experts. The examination is under continuous review and refinement as the ACCC strives to meet the standards set by the American Psychological Association.